Not logged inThe Phoenix Project Message Board
Forum Evanesce Herbal Hormones Home Help Register Login

Evanesce – The Herbal Stuff That Works For You!

This discussion Forum is supported and paid for by the nice people at MyEvanesce.com

To order any of the feminizing products discussed in this Forum, please click on this Shopping Cartlink

To order any of these products for delivery to European addresses, please click on this European Shopping Cartlink

Up Topic Discussion / Transition Issues / Cheek (Buccal) Cell Vaginas
- - By Doko Date 2011-12-12 06:47
So I was reading that web comic by "evelyn poor" and saw this one:

http://transgirldiaries.com/?p=2133

No doubt, like me, some of you probably are very interested in where this might lead.  I wish there was more information about this "buccal cell" graft advancement.
Parent - - By TheMadPlanetoid Date 2011-12-12 22:38
Perhaps some of you may have noticed that I like sciencey topics. I'll admit this is the first I have heard of this. But where I have been seeing some exciting progress related to this is the growth of body parts from harvested stem cells grown in large numbers and usualy seeded into some form of coligen scaffolding. I wonder how long it will be before they are able to "grow" the parts we wern't born with. Not even on the horizon yet, but I like to dream. 8^)
Parent - - By Doko Date 2011-12-12 22:40

> Perhaps some of you may have noticed that I like sciencey topics. I'll admit this is the first I have heard of
> this. But where I have been seeing some exciting progress related to this is the growth of body parts from
> harvested stem cells grown in large numbers and usualy seeded into some form of coligen scaffolding. I wonder
> how long it will be before they are able to "grow" the parts we wern't born with. Not even on the horizon yet,
> but I like to dream. 8^)

Sigh, yes and as someone hoping to have the surgery.  I wonder if having today's surgery will opt you out for future advances like this.
Parent - - By TheMadPlanetoid Date 2011-12-13 02:09
I think that medical science is getting very interesting right now and I'll tell you I don't want to be the first to recieve anything new that is not being used to save my life. Ultimately you must base your decisions not on speculation but on the best information you can obtain right now.  I mean if it was revealed that a technique using harvested stem cells from your testicles could be used to create a fully functional female reproductive system but that it only worked if they had not atrophied too far under HRT would you stop HRT even though the technique might not be availible to you for years to come or may never work?

But just the thought that some of this could really be possible some time in the future is pretty awesome and scary,
Parent - - By Doko Date 2011-12-13 02:39

> I think that medical science is getting very interesting right now and I'll tell you I don't want to be the
> first to recieve anything new that is not being used to save my life. Ultimately you must base your decisions
> not on speculation but on the best information you can obtain right now.  I mean if it was revealed that a
> technique using harvested stem cells from your testicles could be used to create a fully functional female
> reproductive system but that it only worked if they had not atrophied too far under HRT would you stop HRT even
> though the technique might not be availible to you for years to come or may never work?
>
> But just the thought that some of this could really be possible some time in the future is pretty awesome and scary,

I can't help but wonder how much further along stem cell research would be if Bush had not been prez.
Parent - By TheMadPlanetoid Date 2011-12-13 12:23
Maybe, but the stem cells I was referring to were adult type not fetal type. So while GWB was not the best thing to happen in the US for science in this limited aspect I doubt he had much impact.

I think the fetal cells need study because they help us understand how the mechanics of development and differientation work, but the thing to remember is that if they do not come from a sample of your own cord blood they will still be a foriegn body and thus most likelly require immune supressants unless the location is behind the blood-brain barrier or another low cell count / blood flow area like tendons.
Parent - - By TraciLee Date 2011-12-13 16:48
I do know that stem cell transplants saved my daughter's life in 2000.  She had a second occurrence of Hodgkins Lymphomia and rather to subject this 13 yr. old with more chemo and radiation, one of the pioneers in this field suggested this solution.  11 years later and the results are perfect! (smile)
I think the moral objection to this was on the grounds of "cloning" other humans to create an "exclusive" society...solid objection, but not at the expense of truly saving lives and helping others regain theirs!
Traci xoxo%
Parent - By Dianna Date 2011-12-13 17:16
Agree.

Parent - - By TheMadPlanetoid Date 2011-12-13 22:23
Wow, I can't imagine what that must have been like.  My brain refuses to even think about such things in regards to my own son. I am so happy for you that things turned out well!

In my usual sciencey regurgitation:
In general I have not seen much objection to using stem cells harvested from adults.  The only concern I have heard with them is when a stem cell of type x via clever chemical trickery is essentially reverted to a more flexible state (IPC induced plurprudent cell) is that those cells might go bad later. So for most current therapies they try to get the stem cell that allready produces what they want.

The real moral delima tends to be around embroyonic stem cells which are typically taken from unused egg cells which have not been fertilized. They are then treated kinda like the adult cells but this time it is to cause them to begin dividing even though no fertilization has occured and cells are harvested once it has hit a particular stage in development.  To be clear this egg would not produce a fetus after being treated if it was implanted it would produce a kind of cancer called a terrortoma. (For your own happiness I recommmend you DON'T look it up there is a reason for the name.) If you consider an egg cell a human life then research like this would obviously be a bad thing.

The other sub-type is stem cells taken from the umbilicall cord after birth. Not quite as "flexible" as the embryonic cells but generaly considered better than adult cells, and so long as they are given willingly not many have a problem with this (morally).

Though back to the Buccal cell SRS technique I have to wonder how much skin are they going to need to harvest from the inside of your cheek and what will the effect on your mouth be? It sounds great but getting perminent dry mouth isn't great either.
Parent - - By Doko Date 2011-12-13 23:46

> Though back to the Buccal cell SRS technique I have to wonder how much skin are they going to need to harvest
> from the inside of your cheek and what will the effect on your mouth be? It sounds great but getting perminent
> dry mouth isn't great either.

I don't have any idea.  But I know some dentists take skin from the cheeks now to do other operations on the gum line, and supposedly the cheek tissue is happy to grow back.  So maybe it could be harvested over a time period before the SRS was done.

Cool thing about this is that Buccal cells are moist, so you'd have a somewhat lubricated vagina.. closer to the real deal.  I've heard some trans-women get uncomfortable dryness after the procedure.
Parent - - By TheMadPlanetoid Date 2011-12-14 00:14
Yea, it just seems like a lot more tissue would need to be aquired than for a gum restoration but they already grow sheets of skin for burn victims. So maybe they do it that way. Who knows it is all speculation until they release more details.

Though for me SRS is not even on the radar, I'm still living vicarously though you girls while I work up the nerve to even dip my toe in these waters.
Parent - - By Doko Date 2011-12-14 00:28

> Though for me SRS is not even on the radar, I'm still living vicarously though you girls while I work up the
> nerve to even dip my toe in these waters.

For now.

by the way, the water is just right, feel free to join us :)
Parent - - By TheMadPlanetoid Date 2011-12-14 01:59
Heh, I think that was like the third time i've used a water metaphor here. Though it really does at times feel like that. But so help me if I jump in and the water is cold you girls are going to get splashed so bad.... ;^)

(I'm from South Florida if it is anything under 80 I start turning blue.)
Parent - - By Dakota Lynn Date 2011-12-15 03:23

> (I'm from South Florida if it is anything under 80 I start turning blue.)

You would never make it around the great lake's. Every New Years day we would take a swim in the lake no matter how cold it got. But there was alcohol involved. "giggles"

Daks
~~
Parent - By TheMadPlanetoid Date 2011-12-15 04:07
Hehe yea.. my mother's family has lived in and around Connecitcut as far as I can tell as long if not longer than that place has been a state.  As a child we would every summer around June or July travel to see my grandfather and grandmother, pick blueberries and eat homemade pies out of their little country store. One year we decided to go to the beach. This to me was a great idea as I loved the water and could spend hours playing around the surf.  I never had to consider water temperature in Florida, sure it gets colder in the winter but in the summer no worries ever. So seeing many other people having fun in the water I just dove straight in twards some floating platform that looked fun.  Oh my goodness!  I almost flew to that platform and then spent several minutes warming back up and steeling myself to get back to shore. Suffice to say I did not swim much that day.
Parent - - By Doko Date 2011-12-15 17:29

> You would never make it around the great lake's. Every New Years day we would take a swim in the lake no matter
> how cold it got. But there was alcohol involved. "giggles"
>
> Daks
> ~~

This time of year in Wisconsin, if the temp goes above 40 degrees its time for shorts and t shirts ;)
Parent - By TheMadPlanetoid Date 2011-12-15 21:15
Hehe you should see the jackets come out the minute it drops below 70 here.
Up Topic Discussion / Transition Issues / Cheek (Buccal) Cell Vaginas